Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationship changing existing charts

Ok,

So I have 5 different tables within my report and my problem is in order to get my slicer to be interactive with another slicer based off of where the columns were located I had to switch a Cross Filter Direction from Single to Both. This enabled the ability when making certain choices based off of my slicer it changed other slicers options (Great)... But it also has make it where my chart that was previously working correctly not to work correctly any more. Many pictures to follow to hopefully help with an explanation. Would love for my chart to stay working correctly and slicers work as well.

Store Types.PNG

These are my store types that exist... Not all store types exist in each market.. and I want the market filter to be interactive based off of my selection. See below

Country Slicer.PNGSlicer Working.PNG

Creating a Cross filter relationship between the "Retailer POS" table and "Geography" table allows this to happen... The Market day lies in "Geography" table where as the "Store Format" data lies in the Retailer POS table.

Before the change my chart looked like this

Slicer w-single.PNG

Which is correct... After the filter switch to both

Slicer w-both.PNG

It didn't make this chart work anymore as I would like. The data for this chart is in the "Timing" table which holds the months and in the "tblwgds" table which holds the pos data to make the chart have value.

A picture listed below shows the relationships built

Relationships.PNG

Is there a way for both my table and slicers to co-exist ?

Sorry for the long winded ask.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ggilmoreatu,

Which column is your slicer based on? As a genenral solution, you may create one-many or one-one relationships between table Timing and both table Store formats and Geography. In addtion, I would recommend you to remove some relationships which may cause ambiguous or click security filter when editing the relationships.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

“Store Type” Slicer is based on a calculated column in the Retailer POS table... While the country slicer is based on a column in the “Geography” Table...the 2 fields being used on the graphs are measures that are in the WGDS table ... I hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.