Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pstanek
Post Patron
Post Patron

Relation N:N Direct query vs Analysis services

Cany you explain to me, how to create

Table C form table B a table A step by step.

Výstřižek.PNG

1)In direct query

2)In analysis services - live connection

It is n:n

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pstanek,

Do you create relationship using Product field between table A and table B? If that is the case, in DirectQuey mode, you can create a measure in table A using  the following DAX.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(B[Profit]),FILTER(A,A[Product]=RELATED(B[Product])))

Then create a table visual as shown in the following screenshot.
1.PNG

However, if you connect to these tables from SSAS database via “Connect Live” option, you are not able to create measure. You would need to execute the query to get desired result in SSAS data source, then import data from desired table to Power BI  Desktop.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks I will try it,

Do you you know some good book, where I can learn about Query in Analytic servives in Azure. We are going to use it within monts and I need to be prepared .

Hi @pstanek,

Do you use Azure Analysis Service or on-premises SSAS? I would recommend you post the question about query for SSAS in the SSAS forum to get dedicated support.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.