Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

satishjha990
Regular Visitor

Refreshing rows in parents table for drill down in power BI desktop

Hi ,

I am facing an issue in drill down table .I have one graph which have summarized data and another visualise table for details of grouping records.So graph and table are link with relational table so whenever i click on graph then table shows relational details of selected column which is our requirement but at the same time graph is also getting refreshed i mean unselect previous state ,So how can i fix it.

Regards,

Satish Jha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @satishjha990

Can you post some sample screen shot.

There is a feature called edit interactions under format tab in desktop. Use this feature to unselect the inteaction between objects.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
satishjha990
Regular Visitor

Hi ,

I am facing an issue in drill down table .I have one graph which have summarized data and another visualise table for details of grouping records.So graph and table are link with relational table so whenever i click on graph then table shows relational details of selected column which is our requirement but at the same time graph is also getting refreshed i mean unselect previous state ,So how can i fix it.

Regards,

Satish Jha

Hi @satishjha990

Can you post some sample screen shot.

There is a feature called edit interactions under format tab in desktop. Use this feature to unselect the inteaction between objects.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks CheenuSing for your reply, I am describing the issue in details .

I have three visulization object in page1 ,first one is for stacked column chart which shows count of jobid by Channel,

and another object of Table which show Jobid ,channelId & others columns too,So whenever i click on chart, 2nd table is refreshing the data according to selected Channel of chart,And another third Table which shows the details of raw data on the basis of 2nd table's selected id but my problem is when i click on any row of 2nd table then 3rd table is binding against the selected row which is OK ,but same table is also refreshing simultaneously with full data which is incorrect , same case is happening with 3rd table also.

Dataset of 2nd table is relational link with 1st table's dataset while table of 3rd dataset is relational link with 2nd dataset .please find the screenshot.

It seems default functionality of PowerBI auto refresh while click on row, refresh another table with same table also.

Regards,ScreenShot.png

Satish

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.