Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjholland
Helper II
Helper II

Ranking 2 Measures and Filtering

Hi,

I'm looking to rank a list of stores based on 2 calculations - one a measure working out a percentage, the other would be the count of a field. I then want to be able to have this ranking amend based on a number of filters and slicers I apply to the report.

My data has a large number of data points for each store, relating to question responses. For each store I'm able to work out a % for these responses by quarter. I'm looking to identify the top stores by ranking those with the highest % reponse with the largest number of data points (count of data field). The result would be to show to the top and bottom stores.

I would need the ranking to be affected by a number of filters.

Any suggestions as to how I could do this?

Thanks,

MJHolland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mjholland on the 3rd, 4th and 6th lines ONLY add the column name

so it will look like => ALL ( 'All Mults Data'[Branch Name] )

Also change to counta the 2nd measure or the 1st to count depending on your data type

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sean this isn't working for me. I've given a screenshot below:

01.PNG

I've created a really simple table with the list of stores, their % and count of data points (count of entry responses). When I add in the DAX solution you gve me it ranks these stores as 1, when it should really have a different value for each store.

Any thoughts?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mjholland I know this pattern works - so we should probably look at the formulas you are using for

the 2 MEASURES => Entry % and Count of Entries - can you post the formulas?

@Sean sure here you go:

Entry % = sum('All Mults Data'[Entry Response])/counta('All Mults Data'[Entry Response] )

Count of Entry = count('All Mults Data'[Entry Response])

Initially I didn't have Count of Entry as a measure, I just has COUNT('All Mults Data'[Entry Response]) in where the second measure would appear, but this didn't work either.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mjholland on the 3rd, 4th and 6th lines ONLY add the column name

so it will look like => ALL ( 'All Mults Data'[Branch Name] )

Also change to counta the 2nd measure or the 1st to count depending on your data type

You're a hero, it's worked!

Here's what I've ended up with:

Final Rank =
RANKX (
    ALL ( 'All Mults Data'[Branch Name] ),
    RANKX ( ALL ( 'All Mults Data'[Branch Name] ), [Entry %],, ASC )
        + DIVIDE (
            RANKX ( ALL ( 'All Mults Data'[Branch Name] ), [Count of Data Points],, ASC ),
            ( COUNTROWS ( ALL ( 'All Mults Data' ) ) + 1 )
        )
)

For [Count of Data Points] I've used COUNTA rather than COUNT, which has given me the result I'm looking for.

02.PNG

It works with all the filtering too. Thanks for all your help.

MJHolland

How can i rank as per a dynamic measure, not a fixed column.

I want to create a rank measure, using 2 measures, not 2 columns. Rankx seems to work only for columns in tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.