Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS Filter User But Show Other Users Anonymously

Hi, I am able to use the Role Management feature to filter out data per username. This shows only the data for the specified user and hides everything else. However, I still want the user to be able to view the other user's data so that they can compare themself to the group, but the data should display anonymously. Is this something that can be done with a DAX expression or something?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm wondering if you could add a Rank column in your user table first, then create a new summarized table which contains only the rank and other information you want users to compare with in this scenario(mark sure there is no any relationship with this summarize table). Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-ljerr-msftI am hoping to get this result using RLS. I currently have a dynamic RLS setup with username(). Could some DAX function using SUBSTITUTE( create this result? 12-04-2017 7-25-18 AM.png

Hi @Anonymous,

After a few tests, I don't think there is a possible solution to get the exact expected result in your scenario. 

To get your expected result, you may need to add a column with values of the current user name, and "Others". However, the USERNAME function cannot be used in calculate columns/tables. So it may be not possible to determine who is the current user or "Others" in the new column/table. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get a little more input on this? How am I using this summarized table? How do I make it so that user "Bob" see's his metric and his name as "Bob", but everyone else anonymously? And then apply that to every user

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, basically you are saying to substitute the username's with a number? Including the user viewing their report. I would prefer if the user viewing the report could see their own name, but everyone else as "Anonymous". I am also not trying to show a "rank", just a way for the user viewing to compare where they are with the rest of the group.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors