Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LukasV89
Frequent Visitor

RANKX does not work for me. Any help appreciated

Capture.PNG

Helo everybody,

I have been fighting with the RANKX function. My data looks like this:

Name                Member_ID              Tickets Closed       Tickets Worked     Survey Score           Date

John B               123456                              35                    20                              88%                  1/1/2017

John B               123456                              12                    10                              98%                  1/2/2017

ALice N              234567                              22                    15                              95%                  1/1/2017

ALice N              234567                              14                    23                              75%                  1/2/2017

What I am trying to achieve is to create four columns:

1) Ranking by CLosed TIckets

2) Ranking by TIckets Worked (Touches)

3) Ranking by Survey Score

4) Total Ranking (Smalles product of all rankings = Number 1)

I also have a date slicer so I can look at the these metrics by specific days. I have had a similar data set where I had for each record 1 row and it worked. For this report I am uploading an aggregate data set by Name, and date. I am not sure if this really has anything to do with this.

At this point, I have tired many different formulas and the main issue I was running into was that I got 1's for every single person meaning I ranking each person seperately. This was my original formula:

Name of my table is TEST:

ranking 6 = RANKX(ALLSELECTED(TEST[Member_ID]),CALCULATE(SUM(TEST[Closed Tickets])))

Then I did some research and I have found this:

MM Closed tickets = Sum(TEST[Closed Tickets])

Tickets Ranking = if(HASONEVALUE(TEST[Member_ID]),RANKX(ALLSELECTED('TEST'),[MM Closed Tickets]),BLANK())

I get a ranking order now but it is partially wrong. Also, when I select specific days, it is working correctly. When I select all days, the rankings are off. Please see the attached screenshot on the top

I would really appreciate any advice or help on this one. Thank you.

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LukasV89,

You could use the DAX expression below to create rank column.
rankbyclosed = RANKX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Tickets Closed],,)
rankbyWorked = RANKX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Tickets Worked],,)

rankbySurvey = RANKX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Survey Score ],,)
Capture.PNGUntitled1.png

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LukasV89,

You could use the DAX expression below to create rank column.
rankbyclosed = RANKX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Tickets Closed],,)
rankbyWorked = RANKX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Tickets Worked],,)

rankbySurvey = RANKX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])),'Table'[Survey Score ],,)
Capture.PNGUntitled1.png

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.