Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Veritas

Quickbooks

I want to develope a dashboard of financial statement data pulled from Quickbooks desktop.  What is the best way to pull in the data?  I would welcome guidance from any other users who have developed dashboards from Quickbooks.

28 REPLIES 28

We are an accounting firm and new to Power BI.  We are now venturing into working with Power BI and QB Desktop (Enterprise).  Can you provide more information on what options are available to connect tothe ODBC of QB and how we can utilize Power BI

quickbooks12

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your QB Experience  to us. I would also include some information it. When we transder all QuickBooks Online data to Quickbooks desktop this problem does'nt happens. In QuickBooks Online right side there is always a option Contact to our Support or Dial
1-888-771-0476 its a QuickBooks Official Number

Hi,

I have integrated the Quickbooks and Power BI, and now have my data available online. However, I was not able to download my report in .PBIX to work on in Power BI Desktop. Can you please advise? Thanks! 

@jamshed , the answer to your question depends entirely on how you did that in the cloud. If you are using the QBO application from Microsoft you will NOT be able to download the report they built. That said, if you want to connect to the data you can follow the instructions on this site.

If you would like me to look at it you can make an appointment on my booking site to reserve a time. 

Ernest

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Veritas,

Currently, Power BI provide the feature to connect to QuickBooks Online in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. See:

QuickBooks Online content pack for Power BI

z3.PNGz4.PNG

In your scenario, if you can publish financial statement data from QuickBooks desktop to QuickBooks online, then you can use above way to retrieve data. Also there is already a idea about QuickBooks Desktop data source, you can vote on it: Quickbooks Desktop Version

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Veritas

Another option for financial planning and reporting integrated with Power BI (but also including an Excel Add-in) is a solution called Clear Jelly (www.clearjelly.net) It enables you to automatically integrate and consolidate one or multiple entities even from different accounting systems (Xero, Quickbooks, Sage etc.) and load them in a cloud based data repository optimized for analysis. This typically gives you much better performance,  options to do proper consolidation as well as with Clear Jelly also
budgeting and planning features. 

You can trial it for free - maybe it covers what you are looking for. Of course more than happy to assist with questions.

Martin

Another option for financial planning and reporting integrated with Power BI (but also including an Excel Add-in) is a solution called Clear Jelly (www.clearjelly.net) It enables you to automatically integrate and consolidate one or multiple entities even from different accounting systems (Xero, Quickbooks, Sage etc.) and load them in a cloud based data repository optimized for analysis. This typically gives you much better performance,  options to do proper consolidation as well as with Clear Jelly also
budgeting and planning features. 

You can trial it for free - maybe it covers what you are looking for. Of course more than happy to assist with questions.

Martin

I am not able to connect to my Quickbooks Online dashboard post 9/15/16?  Are others having this same issue?  See error below:

Data source errorThe credentials provided for the QuickBooks source are invalid. (Source at QuickBooks.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.