Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ces
Frequent Visitor

Questions about the february 2018 update

I have a couple of questions about the february update:

• It is no longer possible to download the desktop version in Spanish?
  • I notice that the text and icons of the visual and fields panels are now bigger, occupying more space, can this be changed?
  • what would be the differences between the version that is downloaded from the web and the one that is downloaded from the store, I ask because the difference in sizes is huge

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ces,

You can change the default language (en-us) of download Web page to Spanish. That case, you can get the Spanish version of desktop.

1.PNG

• I notice that the text and icons of the visual and fields panels are now bigger, occupying more space, can this be changed?

In my desktop, everything looks the same as previous. Could you show me the screenshot of your desktop surface? From my opinion, it is not possible to change it as it is a by design format.

• what would be the differences between the version that is downloaded from the web and the one that is downloaded from the store, I ask because the difference in sizes is huge

There are a few differences worth noting between the version that is downloaded from the web and the one from store, which are described in this document. But all available features are the same.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ces,

You can change the default language (en-us) of download Web page to Spanish. That case, you can get the Spanish version of desktop.

1.PNG

In my desktop, everything looks the same as previous. Could you show me the screenshot of your desktop surface? From my opinion, it is not possible to change it as it is a by design format.

There are a few differences worth noting between the version that is downloaded from the web and the one from store, which are described in this document. But all available features are the same.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Yuliana, thanks for your help

About the language I did what you suggested and I was able to go to the download page in Spanish, thanks. I will keep this in mind for the next time (however I remember that before, when I selected the advanced download options, I had to choose the language first and then the x86 or x64 architecture)

Also from your link I could see that the store version is downloaded in the system language, and wich are the diferences betwen versions, a very useful reading, thanks for that too, from now on I will use that option

Now about the size of the texts, I do not know if it is the case, but it seems that now the program texts will be automatically matched with the general configuration of the system texts; I use a laptop and I had the size of the texts in 125%, after installing the February version the program texts looked bigger (I attached an image, I dont know if what I say is clearly visible), I had to change the system texts to 100% and that returned the texts of the program to what I was used to, it's not really a big problem and I just have to get used to how things look now

Tamañotexto.JPG

Again, thank you very much for your assistance, it really was very helpful

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.