Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shailu198
Helper I
Helper I

Query throwing error with Hive DB

Hi,

I have connected Power BI desktop with Hive DB. There is a view which has been created in Hive DB and working fine. Whenever i am loading that view through Power BI desktop, it is throwing an error as table not found in subquery. But the query is correct and working fine in DB. I am not understanding why power bi throwing error when that table (written in subquery) is present in DB. Altough the query is checked in DB and is working fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Shailesh

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Shailu198

I'm trying to involve someone who's more familiar with HIVE DB to this thread. May I know what connector do you use, I don't see a "HIVE" connector in Power BI Desktop.

@Eric_Zhang

I am using ODBC connector to connect with Hive DB.

@Shailu198 wrote:

@Eric_Zhang

I am using ODBC connector to connect with Hive DB.

@Shailu198

Could you provide listed information?

1. What is the full error that is received?
  2. When is the exact point the error is received?  It looks like it is when you try to load data from that specific view but I’d like to confirm.
    1. If it is just that View, do you have other Views that you can connect to without issue?
  3. Do you have the latest Hive ODBC driver installed? http://www.simba.com/drivers/hive-odbc-jdbc/
  4. Do you get the same result from connecting in Excel using Power Query?  Native Excel?

We’d also want to capture the Power BI Desktop logs when they attempt this connection.

Specifically the following from the “C:\Users\<UserAccount> \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\Traces\Performance” folder:

1. Microsoft.Mashup.Container.*.log
  2. Msmdsrv.*.log
  3. PBIDesktop.*.log

And the following from the particular workspace folder “C:\Users\<UserAccount>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\AnalysisServicesWorkspaces\AnalysisServicesWorkspace#####\Data” folder: FlightRecorderCurrent.trc Msmdsrv.log

1. FlightRecorderCurrent.trc
  2. Msmdsrv.log

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.