Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lifan
Frequent Visitor

Query Editor - Custom Column date formula

Hi, Need help please. In the Query Editor, I just want to create a custom column using date formula. From my research, I'm supposed to use M Functions to compose it. And the #Date is function I'm trying to use but receiving error. if [FIRST_ELIGIBLE_DATE] >= #Date(2017,1,1) then YES else No Could anyone advise which part went wrong? Thanks!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MarcelBeug
Community Champion
Community Champion

So you are in the Query Editor and you want to add a column with "YES" if FIRST_ELIGIBLE_DATE is on or afetr January 1, 2017 and "No" if it is not.

You can either add a conditional column and fill out the fields or add a custom column and enter the formula.

In either case, the generated code in the advanced editor will look like:

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "2017OrLater", each if [FIRST_ELIGIBLE_DATE] >= #date(2017,1,1) then "YES" else "No")

Add conditional column.pngAdd Custom column.png

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

View solution in original post

Thank you MarcelBeug, it works now. It was the case sensitive got me, #Date should be #date.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarcelBeug
Community Champion
Community Champion

So you are in the Query Editor and you want to add a column with "YES" if FIRST_ELIGIBLE_DATE is on or afetr January 1, 2017 and "No" if it is not.

You can either add a conditional column and fill out the fields or add a custom column and enter the formula.

In either case, the generated code in the advanced editor will look like:

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "2017OrLater", each if [FIRST_ELIGIBLE_DATE] >= #date(2017,1,1) then "YES" else "No")

Add conditional column.pngAdd Custom column.png

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Thank you MarcelBeug, it works now. It was the case sensitive got me, #Date should be #date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.