Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Prashant_Salvi
Frequent Visitor

Publishing failed for an unknown reason. (FailedToRefreshPackageAfterImportError)

I got this error while publishing power BI report. This error occurs only when we have merged queries in the report. I request Power BI team to solve the issue related with merged queries.

publish error.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Prashant_Salvi, could you please share me one sample PBIX report file with which I can reproduce your issue?

achinm45
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi @Prashant_Salvi,

Have you tried following

1) Refresh all after you have closed the "Edit Queries" ?

2) Goint to Edit Queries and see if you can refresh the data there .

3) Going to Options  and Settings>  Data Source settings and erasing all other user settings which you dont need

4) Which mode you are using for data : Load or Direct Query ?

Regards

Achin

Hi @achinm45,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already tried those steps earlier. For confirmation I double checked them after your reply. But, unfortunately end up with the same error while publishing.

4) Mode I am using for data : Load.

Regards,

Prashant

For testing try to see if merged sources have null data or not. Try to remove nulls or blanks before merging.

In my opinion, this is data problem only.

For testing try to see if merged sources have null data or not. Try to remove nulls or blanks before merging.

In my opinion, this is data problem only.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You probably should turn on tracing, try to publish the file and collect the log. You can use the frowny face icon in the desktop to submit a complaint. You can also go to support.powerbi.com and use the Contact Support button to submit an official support request.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi,

I have already submitted the Frwon request as you suggested, but didn't got any positive response.Also, I raised ticket from Power BI contact support button and waiting for their reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.