Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Production calendar with quantities

Hello,

I'm trying to make a production calendar with start and end date for each production order and product as well as single and summed quantities.  Here is a sample data, similar to the one I want to use:

Prodcution calendat - data.jpg

The visual effect which I'm looking for is something like this:

Prodcution calendat - visual.jpg

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I've seen a few different approaches to this type of problem, this is one using some M custom columns in Query Editor in PowerBI to generate a 'X Daily Value by Date'.  Detailes below by each screen shot:

Thank You,

FOrrest

1:  Here's the first code for a Custom Column to divide the Total Production by the number of days between Start and Due.  (Adding 1 to Inclusive the 2 dates.)

= [Total_Prod_Qty] / (Duration.Days(Duration.From([Run_Due_Date]-[Run_Start_Date]))+1)

Capture.PNG

2:  Next we need to identify all the individual dates between the Start Date and Due Date.  This M code will generate a Custom Column with these dates in LIST format.  You can expand this list as shown below to get a ROW for each date between the Start and Due Dates.  ** Adding your Daily Total in Stpe 1 FIRST automatilly spreads this value out during this steps. **

= { Number.From([Run_Start_Date])..Number.From([Run_Due_Date])}

Capture2.PNG

3:  Format the new Column as a DATE for Power BI to convert the date numbers to a more user friednly format.  Now we can start building visuals based on this new Date Custom Column in Power BI

Capture3.PNG

4:  The Matrix in this screen shot is cloest to what you where looking to build.  The Matrix set-up is shows in the screen shot.  I haven't played with colors yet, but it's a start.  I also created the stacked bar graph with nicely shows the upcoming drop off of production!

Capture4.PNG

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I've seen a few different approaches to this type of problem, this is one using some M custom columns in Query Editor in PowerBI to generate a 'X Daily Value by Date'.  Detailes below by each screen shot:

Thank You,

FOrrest

1:  Here's the first code for a Custom Column to divide the Total Production by the number of days between Start and Due.  (Adding 1 to Inclusive the 2 dates.)

= [Total_Prod_Qty] / (Duration.Days(Duration.From([Run_Due_Date]-[Run_Start_Date]))+1)

Capture.PNG

2:  Next we need to identify all the individual dates between the Start Date and Due Date.  This M code will generate a Custom Column with these dates in LIST format.  You can expand this list as shown below to get a ROW for each date between the Start and Due Dates.  ** Adding your Daily Total in Stpe 1 FIRST automatilly spreads this value out during this steps. **

= { Number.From([Run_Start_Date])..Number.From([Run_Due_Date])}

Capture2.PNG

3:  Format the new Column as a DATE for Power BI to convert the date numbers to a more user friednly format.  Now we can start building visuals based on this new Date Custom Column in Power BI

Capture3.PNG

4:  The Matrix in this screen shot is cloest to what you where looking to build.  The Matrix set-up is shows in the screen shot.  I haven't played with colors yet, but it's a start.  I also created the stacked bar graph with nicely shows the upcoming drop off of production!

Capture4.PNG

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot. Works very good!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.