Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

warrencowan
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI ate my surfacebook

Using the latest PBI on my top end surfacebook and am experiencing sever perofmrance issues. Inc CPU and memory hogging and a mysterious SQL dump command window popping up and closing before powerbi spontaneously closes.

Am processing a 150mb pbix file with 5 tables and 2 joins

Going form 8% CPU usage and 24% memory , to 99% cpu usage and 71% memory and I only have the 1 file open.

Have disabled the preloading of tables as others have suggested, but after 15 minutes its still trying to do something intense.

Does anyone have any fixes or suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
warrencowan
Helper I
Helper I

Not a great deal tbh. Outlook perhaps. A couple of modest excel files and chrome. Its the only pbix open. Most of the leg work is done in the power query end.

On the positive side the memeory eating does calm down after about 20 minutes, but it kills the machine in the interim leading to crashes.

Running a surface book with 16gb of ram and I7 2.6 ghz processor. Feels like it should be ample.

You're right, it should be.  

Are you running 64-bit PBI and Office?

mickeydjw
Frequent Visitor

http://www.downloadmoreram.com

Just kidding.  What else is running?  How many other reports?  What hardware is your machine packing?  How many connections are running concurrently?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.