Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thorrrr
Helper I
Helper I

Power Query Source Links Errors how to fix?

HI Guys

I have several Excel workbooks stored in OneDrive which I access in my home via Desktop or Laptop. I have noticed when I open my files on my laptop all my power query error as the link to the folder is based on my Desktop.I would have thought using Onedrive to store all my files it would work on any machine. What am I doing wrong I am not trying to share with other just myself.
I have seen several very convoluted ways to share with other team members. But mine is not that just myself using the same OneDrive account.

Thorrrr

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thorrrr,

If you want to get data from onedrive, you can take a look at below article:

Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop

If above is not help, can you please share some detail content of your issue, it will be help for troubleshooting.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I have already read this yesterday and tried it but it no longer works. My links are to folders with multiple CSV files in. These folders do not work with resid or id. I cannot believe something as basic as people on the move wanting to use does not work with OneDrive or you have to go round the houses. I would go round the houses but it will not work for me I do not get the same URL for folders with files in. 😞

Hi @thorrrr,

If you can't use resin to get data from onedrive, you can try to refer to below link which about use sharepoint connector to get data from onedrive:(i test to get data with my organization account)

Get Data From OneDrive for Business

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

HI

I only have OneDrive personal i do not have access to Sharepoint i work from home not part of a business:)

Hi @thorrrr,

You can follow below link to get data from onedrive personal.

Use OneDrive links in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

What is the error message? Have you stepped through your query editor steps to confirm the error is with the source step? Have you checked the data source settings to see if you need to re-authorize on your second machine?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.