Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chotu27
Post Patron
Post Patron

Power Bi relationships

Hi all I have three table A ,B and C i have relationship between A and B with column Country TS. Now With Table C i wanted to see how many clinicians are avaible buy countryId.

Note: I have Only one same column between A and C TimeStampID but iam unable to see the data.,

Relationship.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chotu27,

Note: I have Only one same column between A and C TimeStampID but iam unable to see the data.

According to your description above, if you have successfully create a relationship between Table A and Table C with the TimeStampID column, then you should be able to use Country Id column to filter data in Table C.

Could you post your table structures with some sample data and your expected result? So that we can further assist on this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thomas
Frequent Visitor

Assuming you are using the right columns with proper data. Have you looked at the direction of the join?
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Coming from a database world it is very rare to have a timestamp as a linking field between tables.  In any case in your table A let's say for Country USA - is there 1 time stamp?  i.e. 1/1/17 00:00:00      

Let's pretend there is - then in Table C to link you would need time stamp 1/1/17 00:00:00       only - - no other timestamp would link - - and in my experience the timestamp is varying every record made down to the second or even less.

You may need to broaden the time interval to a date, without time, so that the linking will match - this can be done with calculated columns in both tables as part of your data model.

www.CahabaData.com

@CahabaData  Thanks for the info . But the column is not in timestamp format for now it is the just identifier key.

How does your identifier key relate to the other tables?

dtartaglia
Resolver I
Resolver I

I guess connecting TimestampID doesn't Help?

@dtartagliaI connected it but i cannot see any changes in the data when i selected countryID.

I'm a little confused, by looking at your 3 tables, how can you logically determine the CountryID for a ClinicianID? Do the values match in some way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.