Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rhh
Helper I
Helper I

Power Bi Push not visible in reports

Hi

I have a dataset created in Power BI for pushing data to it.

The dataset has the folowing structure :

[

{
"Timestamp" :"2017-04-24T19:06:33.509Z",
"Name" :"AAAAA555555",
"Tx" :98.6,
"Rx" :98.6
}
]

Pushing data to it from a console application works fine when I add a tile with a bar diagram on the desctop.

BUT when I try to get the same dataset to work in a repport to a visual in a repport ( bar diagram also here ), nothing shows up.

What am I missing ?

Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved it. The timestamp has to be in unix format.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Have you turn on the Historical feature on the dataset? And make sure you press refresh on the menu bar.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thank you for the feedback.

I missed the fact that I had to turn on the historical data.

But, the report is not automatically updated in the same way as the dashboard is. I have to press the refresh button. No way to get the report automatically update ?

Hi @rhh,

No the report page isn't as dynamic as the dashboard.  Not sure why but I guess the more data you get into your model the less it may matter.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi

Thanks.

So I 'works' on reports, but if I filter on timestamp (Top N, number distinct nothing shows on the report). I need to filter out the last 2 minutes. How can I do this ?

And in the case of the line diagram on the desctop. It still does not work on the descop even with historical data turned on, what am I missing here ?

Regards

Hi @rhh,

1. So I 'works' on reports, but if I filter on timestamp (Top N, number distinct nothing shows on the report). I need to filter out the last 2 minutes. How can I do this ?

We are not able to use TOP N filter to list last 2 minutes data. As it's on Power BI service, we almost can't do any data modeling. In this scenario, I'm afraid the requirement can't be achieved. 

2. And in the case of the line diagram on the desctop. It still does not work on the descop even with historical data turned on, what am I missing here ?

After enable Historic data analysis option, you need to push data into the stream dataset, then when you go to create a report, you will find there are data display in the report.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is the data I am pusshing :

[{ "Timestamp": "2017-04-27T11:30:13.056+2", "Name":"DATA","Tx":1,"Rx":63 }]

The line chart has Axis = Timestamp and Values = Tx and Rx...

Nothing shows up in the chart...

What am I missing here ?

Regards

Hi @rhh,

After push data to the dataset, can you create a report to display data use a bar chart?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I do not want to use a report. I want to use a tile on the desktop without using any report. Only create a tile to my dataset connected to my streaming data...

Image1.png

Creating a tile with a bar diagram ( Axis = Name, Values = Rx and Tx ) it works. Creating a tile with a line diagram (Axis = Timestamp, Values = Rx and Tx ) it does not work. Both tiles connected to the same dataset.

Image3.png

Why ?

Regards

Anyone having any ideas here ?

Regards

Solved it. The timestamp has to be in unix format.

Hi

I want to.make a tile on my desctop. Not an report.

On a report it Works, on a line diagram tile not.

Thats my problem...

Regards

Hi

So I can't use a report but must use desktop.

I do push data data into the dataset every 5 second. The line diagram on the desctop connected to this dataset. The same dataset works fine using bars, but line diagram do not work.

What am I missing ?

Regards

rhh
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

I have a dataset created in Power BI for pushing data to it.

The dataset has the folowing structure :

[

{
"Timestamp" :"2017-04-24T19:06:33.509Z",
"Name" :"AAAAA555555",
"Tx" :98.6,
"Rx" :98.6
}
]

Pushing data to it from a console application works fine when I add a tile with a bar diagram on the desctop.

BUT when I try with a line diagram and the Axis is set to the timestamp column nothing shows.

What am I missing ?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.