Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshanand007
Regular Visitor

Power BI report slow on both Desktop and Web

Hello All, 

I have created a Power BI Report of 10 tabs and the data is stored in the report itself (not a live connection).  There are around 20 tables in the report and none of the tables has more than  15K rows (most of them around 100 - 500 rows).  Over-all custom variables created should be around 15, and most of them are either average or percent calculation. There are 8 bookmarks and preview features functionality is being utilized such as shape maps (1) and tooltips (1).  There are also a couple of buttons through which I am navigating to the different pages. This report doesn't have dashboard size pages, instead has custom length pages with a maximum length of 3800 pixels.

There is a lot of lag while using this dashboard both on Desktop and Web. Once I click on the button it takes around 10-15 seconds to switch to another page and another 10-15 seconds for the page to refresh. Also, during this lag, my CPU reached 100% and memory more than ~80%. Not sure why this is happening with such a small dataset. 

Could you please help me to speed up the dashboard functionality? Currently, this dashboard is based on dummy data and I need to formulate the same using actual data which would be around 40K. With this speed, it will take ages for a user to access this dashboard. Any optimization help on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Best, 

HA

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshanand007,

Please refer to power-bi-reports-performance and power-bi-performance-tips-and-techniques to do some optimizations.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.