Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI desktop - Login Error

This is getting really frustrating

Capture.JPG+

It does not even say WHY!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydya, 

that has been resolved from the IT support centre. They actioned some registry files.

But now I have another nice error when I try to login: Device Certificate was not found for Cert Authorities:OU=82dbaca4-3e81-46ca-9c73-0950c1eaca97,CN=MS Organization-Access,DC=windows,DC=net

hope it helps

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
willjoe2442
Helper I
Helper I

Why can't I log into Power BI?
The most obvious way to fix most log-in errors is to reset the login details. Users can request a password reset for Power BI at BI's account recovery page. There enter a Power BI user ID and click Next to reset the login

Regards
Willjoe
ryanshepherd

I am attempting to set up a new employee and I am running into the following error.

PowerBI error message.png

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Are you able to directly sign in app.powerbi.com?

In addition, in Power BI Desktop, please go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics of Power BI desktop and select "enable tracing", then sign in Power BI Desktop again and check the detailed logs in the traces folder.

Moreover, disable any anti-virus software and firewall in your machine and check if  the issue goes away.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

actually, something went wrong there

error 2.JPG

@Anonymous,

Do you re-install Power BI Desktop? If so, please uninstall previous Power BI Desktop completely following the instructions in the similar thread below and then re-install it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Desktop-Installation-error-code-2330/td-p/405905

In addition, do you connect to VPN on the machine that install Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia, 

it automatically re-install Power BI as everytime. when i download the update the procedure does it automatically. 

It's a company network, don't think uses a VPN. What I know is that we use all Microsoft-based platforms (office 365, Sharepoint) and we always, always, always have issues when it comes to use power Bi and other MS based application together. 

so frustrating

@Anonymous,

What do you mean "automatically re-install Power BI"? Could you please uninstall Power BI Desktop manually as my previous reply?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydya, 

that has been resolved from the IT support centre. They actioned some registry files.

But now I have another nice error when I try to login: Device Certificate was not found for Cert Authorities:OU=82dbaca4-3e81-46ca-9c73-0950c1eaca97,CN=MS Organization-Access,DC=windows,DC=net

hope it helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

i can login through app.powerbi.com

but no luck with the rest. I'll try to update the desktop one and see what happens.

This software needs serious revision it's full of bugs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.