Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Medha12
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Slicer Issue

Hi All,
I am facing an issue in Power BI where there are two slicers and the user can use any one to filter the report.
Consider, Slicer 1 - Employee Name and Slicer 2 - Employee ID
Employee Name          Employee ID
ABC                                     1
XYZ                                    2 

If the user opts for Employee Name and selects 'ABC', then the Employee ID slicer visual should auto
populate to 1 and so on.
Can anyone please help me out on this?

Thanks,
Medha

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Medha12,

If you want to the slicer impact each other, the Employee Name and Employee ID should be located in a same table or two different table with relationship. So in your scenario, if the user opts for Employee Name and selects 'ABC', then the Employee ID slicer visual should auto populate to 1 and so on, you should create a new table including both [Employee Name] and [Employee ID] column, create a relationship between tables, which lead to ABC point to ID 1.

Thanks,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

The two columns are from two different tables and there is a relationshiop between them. 
When I select manually Employee Name 'ABC' , the second slicer filters down to 1 but I have to manually go to the slicer and select '1' ; instead of manually selecting, I want that slicer to automatically display '1' (just like a Card visual displays it without having to manually go and select the value).

Thanks,

Medha

Hi @Medha12,

Up to date, your requirement is unsupported, there are following similar ideas, please review and vote them. You can also create a new idea there.

Based on Selections in slicers, items within slicers should automatically move at the top of the lis...
Slicer base on column base on slicer

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors