Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maures
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Desktop crashes when perform OLE DB connection

Hi everyone,

I want to connect some Visual Foxpro free table, but when i perform a ole db connection with 32 bit version of Power BI Desktop, after selected the provider, your software just close, without a error message.

I've searched on web and i've found some odbc drivers. I've performed a odbc connection, but after i've write password and username, it appears this message:

Unable to connect

We encountered an error while trying to connect.

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Funzione SQLSetConnectAttr del driver non riuscita.
ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Il driver non supporta la versione di comportamento ODBC richiesta dall'applicazione (vedere SQLSetEnvAttr).
ERROR [01S00] [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]SourceDB"

What can i do?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Maures
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

i used ole db provider, because odbc isn't supported anymore.

with ole db provider, with visual foxpro free tables, i need to force it to 32 bit, because 64 bit software don't work with that.

I've unistalled 64 bit version of power bi and with 32 bit one it works normally.

Here is the ole db provider

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Maures
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

i used ole db provider, because odbc isn't supported anymore.

with ole db provider, with visual foxpro free tables, i need to force it to 32 bit, because 64 bit software don't work with that.

I've unistalled 64 bit version of power bi and with 32 bit one it works normally.

Here is the ole db provider

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Maures

Do you mean that you just install the latest 32 bit version of Power BI Desktop, and issue got resolved?
Could you please also provide the correct ODBC driver here, so that anyone else has the same problem can get the right answer quickly?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Maures
Frequent Visitor

thanks but i've solved using 32bit version of power bi desktop!

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Maures

The error message indicates that the driver is not supported. Please try to download it from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt490121.

And from above document, it seems that the VFPODBC driver is no longer supported. We can use the Visual FoxPro OLE DB provider as a replacement.

To judge that if it an issue related to Power BI Desktop, you can first connect to your Visual Foxpro through ODBC/OLE DB connection in Excel to see if it works.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.