Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop Error Message

Hi Experts

I keep on getting the following error once POwer Bi  Desktop is open on my machine, whats the resolution to this and how do i get rid off it.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous nope 

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  interesting, what version are you running?  do you have sql server analysis services on your desktop?   it gives you a drop down of view problem details, what does it say if you expand that?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry running Power Bi Professional Desktop June 2018 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Van (and i do ot have SSAS on my desktop nor laptop)

Error Message

roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: msmdsrv.exe
Application Version: 2018.150.1.459
Application Timestamp: 5b088f4c
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.24168
Fault Module Timestamp: 5b1aad38
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000030aa3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.16.7
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 7854
Additional Information 2: 7854efa368cb8244e9ae86c30f37593a
Additional Information 3: 1018
Additional Information 4: 101831bf6dabcf83395d3cc356bd25d3

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

@Anonymous this is essentially the engine that powers power bi, might i suggest uninstalling and reinstalling, do you have the latest version?

Anonymous
Not applicable

version of power bi..... I am open to all ideas as why uninstall and re install, whats causing this problem etc....Capture.PNG

@Anonymous its really hard to know with such limited information.   could be a variety of things.  my suggestion is either, reboot, if that doesn't work reinstall, if that still doesn't work then need to check things like the recommended hardward specification.  What happens when it crashes, are you doing  something or is it just opening?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens when it crashes, are you doing  something or is it just opening?

1. firstly when opening up desktop 

2. when grouping items

@Anonymous  how much memory do you have?  ie. if you monitor your task manager when you are doing the grouping under performance, whats happening with your memory?  do you have a lot of stuff open?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plenty of memory and just outlook and power bi open and may be excel sometimes... nothing else... its just started to happend out of the blue...

@Anonymous i wonder if something has been corrupted?   like i say its really hard to know, i have you tried reinstalling?

Anonymous
Not applicable

not yet.... have you seen this error message before?

@Anonymous nope 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.