Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

B_Mpunga
Regular Visitor

Power BI Desktop Client, LDAP Authentication and Teradata database

Good day,

I am trying to connect to Teradata via Power BI. In our enviroment we use LDAP authentication. I installed .NET Teradata Data Provider (and I am on .NET Framework 4.7.2), however I get the following error "The UserId, Password or Account is invalid" - Teradata Database 08017 Error Message.

After a bit of reserach I realised that this is a known error/issue.

Is this issue still unresolved by Microsoft. Is so, is there, perhaps, a known workaround that can be implemented? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open the CMD Prompt and paste "setx PBI_EnableTeradataLdap true" You will be able to use LDAP in Power Bi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are a lifesaver Grazie

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @B_Mpunga,

As I known, it seems that LDAP authentication is not supported in Power BI currently.

For your error message, could you login successfully in Taradata Database with the same Username and Password?

If you confirmed that your Username and Password are right, that should be the cause that Power BI does not support this authentication.

Also there is a request about using LDAP authentication to connect to Teradata, see: Connect to Teradata using LDAP Authentication. You can comment on this idea item, also you can submit a new feedback in Power BI Idea forum about LDAP.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @B_Mpunga

Does your UserID or Account or password contains a space letter ? 

If yes instead of typing My Username type "My Username"

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.