Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

willianmsantos
Frequent Visitor

Postgresql: Exception while reading from stream

Hello Dear Community!

Has anyone ever got this message while trying to connect to a Postgre DB? What was the workaround? 

Thanks in advance!

Will

Capturar.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Community!

That was definelty some firewalls dropping packages between the server I have the client installed and the database. I asked firewall team to open the route between source and destination and It worked properly.

Thanks for your insights!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Edit Queries->Advanced Editor-> add timeout in the connection

Source = PostgreSQL.Database("server_name", "database_name", [CommandTimeout=#duration(5, 0, 0, 0)]),

Anonymous
Not applicable

This error may happen when connection string is lacking port number. Try using server:port in connection string to Postgres database.

How to do that? 

I have the same problem. I can't connect Postgres DB to Power BI 😥

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @willianmsantos,

I'd like to suggest you setting the 'Timeout' parameters and try again, it may fix the issue.

Reference link:

PostgreSQL.Database

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello Community!

That was definelty some firewalls dropping packages between the server I have the client installed and the database. I asked firewall team to open the route between source and destination and It worked properly.

Thanks for your insights!

how to "open the route between source and destination"? could you please give me some details? thanks

Jake_Roesler
Frequent Visitor

Bad news. This may well be the first of many errors you'll get trying to connect to a Postgresql data source. 

I've been banging my head against a Certificate error for a week. 

That's sad, I've spent most of day yesterday struggling over this issue. I hope to get back with some good news. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.