Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akhil5656
Frequent Visitor

Populate the table in the power bi desktop with out summation

Hi Developers, I am new to Power BI help need from u guys, In my SQL server DB  am having a column with "Capacitance" and "Test Kv" Values (Show in the below image 1)when I was importing the data from SQL Server to Power BI Desktop the "Capacitance" and "Test Kv" values are generating as a summation(Shown in the image 2 below).

As they are reading's of a meter I not want to do summation because I have to create a scattered chart showing capacitance and KV values varying with time the capacitance value. 

How can I get the values without summation in power BI Desktop?

1)

22.png

2)

23.png

And the summation is showing the total value in Millions( as shown in the image below) that means in currency but the reading is meter values how can I change to capacitance and volts? 

24.png

What I was tried: Actually I tried to change the data type to TEXT but in the Scattered chart it is not showing the values.

Any help greatly appreciated?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @akhil5656,

In Power BI Desktop, we can change the Default Summarization for a column under Modeling tab. Could you try changing the Default Summarization to Do Not Summarize for "Capacitance" and "Test Kv" to see if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @akhil5656,

In Power BI Desktop, we can change the Default Summarization for a column under Modeling tab. Could you try changing the Default Summarization to Do Not Summarize for "Capacitance" and "Test Kv" to see if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Regards

Ashi
Helper I
Helper I

That summation is just an indicator that the column is numeric,thats it.

and "M"  is Million which is count and not neccesary currency only.

it is automatically calculated in power bi based on the data range.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.