Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Limbo1964
Regular Visitor

Plot UK postcodes on map for sales team territories

Hi,

I would like to plot UK postcodes onto a map to show where each sales person has customers.

I have a number of columns all filled with individual postcodes. One column for each rep.

I would like the postcodes in each column to be plotted on the graph with a different colour for each column to signify each rep.

Can this be done?

Sample data below.

KMNMJDMFMHAA
BL5 3QRBD21 4LABH17 0RBBL3 3WWCH7 4TGBL1 8HU
BL6 5GRBD21 5JUBH17 0RSBL9 7BRCH8 7ELBL2 6DW
BL7 0FSBD4 8SJBH21 3SNBN2 6AHCH8 9HEBN15 8SU
BL9 7HTCV37 8LLBH21 6RRBT2 7FECH8 9HEBN15 8TU
BT79 9LZCV8 3DXBH21 7JXBT35 6JQDH7 8HJBN18 0HY
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Limbo1964,

In Query Editor mode, unpivot all columns. Press Ctrl key, select all columns, then, click the "Unpivot Columns" button.

1.PNG

Rename the new columns (in my test, it's [rep] and [postal code]) and save the changes. In data view mode, create a map like below.

2.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Limbo1964,

In Query Editor mode, unpivot all columns. Press Ctrl key, select all columns, then, click the "Unpivot Columns" button.

1.PNG

Rename the new columns (in my test, it's [rep] and [postal code]) and save the changes. In data view mode, create a map like below.

2.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.