Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Pinning groups of visualisations to a dashboard

Hi,

I have a matrix visualisation where the column headings are unweildy, therefore I've added an overlay textbox for each column heading with the text I want. This looks fine on the report but when I try to pin the visualisation I see that the matrix and each text box is treated as a seperate visualisation (i.e. I can't overlay the column headings with text boxes on the dashboard). Please can you tell me how to pin a group of visualisations as one visualisation to a dashboard? Or is there a better way of customising the displayed column headings when viewed on a dashboard?

(I can't just copy a column using a calculated column with the name that I want because I have so many visualisations that approach would become impractical)

Thanks for your help,

CM

5 REPLIES 5
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Have you tried the Pin Live Page option which is in the report page in the Web Service?

plp.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks Phil but I see it's then impossible to set a custom url link? So on clicking the visualisation my user will be taken to the underlying report and be able to access all tabs of that report? Is there anyway of stopping the user being able to see the underlying report (because I won't want him/her to be able to see any other visualisations in the same report)?

@CloudMonkey,

Currently, set custom link is disable on the dashboard when pin a live page to a dashboard. Here is a idea about it, if you like this feature, you can vote it.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/12464280-individual-custom-links-...

I have tested it on my local environment, after shared this live page to others, they won't be taken to the underlying report when clicking this dashboard.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

"I have tested it on my local environment, after shared this live page to others, they won't be taken to the underlying report when clicking this dashboard."

Hi v-caliao-msft sorry I didn't understand, please can you rephrase?

Thanks,

CM

"I have tested it on my local environment, after shared this live page to others, they won't be taken to the underlying report when clicking this dashboard."

Sorry how did you share it? Normally if a page is pinned a user can click on it to go to the underlying report? But I think I'm misunderstanding you, did you do something different?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.