Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Percentages in Pie Chart visual tooltip add up to 101%

Might this be a bug?

I added two fields to a pie chart. One value is Total Financial Aid, which is tutition assistance provided to students to lower tuition costs, and Net Tuition, which is the amoutn of tuition students have to pay after considering the Financial Aid.

Total Financial Aid + Net Tuition = Total Tuition Cost

The pie chart is meant to display visually the ratio of financial aid to net tuition.

I happened to notice that the percent values shown in the tooltips for the pie chart add up to 101% (71%+30%). Why is this? Could it be a bug in the rounding or something? I can't find anything in the underying data data that would explain it, but perhaps I need to keep looking.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 11.22.08 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous, 

As the @Sean posted, please add the ratio are not be rounding up. If this doesn't resolve your issue, please post your .pbix file for further analysis.

Thanks,
Angelia

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

Format those 2 Measures you are using in the Tooltips to display 2 decimals (or as necessary) - they are both rounding up!

This will hopefully fix it!

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.