Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sajal161292
Helper V
Helper V

Passing the quantity to the next week(adding 7 days of the current date)

Hi,

I am preparing a report as attached in the link given below.

In this i need to add the quantity across each order type for every date and need to pass that value to the quantity of inventory after 7 days .

i.e.

As an example for the date 1/7/2018 the total quantity after summing across all the order types is 100 then i need to add that value to the quantity of inventory order type for the date 1/14/2018.Similarly across every week till the end.

I have illustrated that calculation in the excel file diven in the link below.

PBI file -

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XGplFr7YBiTtsNBNQ0Koq6Ea5sApIyHf

Excel file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZXOk0JNtUQO3rshj6JL0zuKp13UTWzv4

8 REPLIES 8
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sajal161292,

Unfortunately, I failed to download the sample file you provided. Would you please share it via OneDrive? Or post some simplified sample data to illustrate your requirement? Also, you can post the screenshot of desired output that you have got in excel.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Please find the OneDrive link below:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak0j7rCDQAqraUU-jkXmcSQip1Y

calc1.PNGcalc2.PNG

As illustrated in my requirement I need to pass the total sum of quantity for Demand,Supply and Inventory for every date to the inventory quantity after adding 7 days of the current date.

i.e. in week 1 from dates 1/7/2018 - 1/13/2018 the total for the date 1/7/2018 is 20+10 +0 = 30.

So i need to pass this value to the quantity of Inventory for the date 1/14/2018(adding 7 days to 1/7/2018) and so on.

then pass the total for 1/8/2018 (20+10+0=30) to the inventory quantity for the date 1/15/2018 as i have shown in my screenshots.

Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Hi @sajal161292,

Power BI report is different from Excel report. I have tested for several times, but unfortunately, I think it is not possible to achieve this requirement within such a visual structure. As "Demand", "Supply" and "Inventory" are placed in a single column, all data values for "Demand" and "Supply" are original values from source table, it is not able to sum up values and place results under them.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Did anyone get a chance to solve the problem or identify the approach to solve it?

Thanks

Hi,

Did anyone get a chance to solve the problem or identify the approach to solve it?

Thanks

Hi,

Greetings for the day!!

Please tell me whether it is posiible to achieve the solution to my problem in Power BI

Hi,

Thanks

sajal161292
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

Is there any way to assign a value to any selected cell in power bi using dax language?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.