Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kaka
Helper II
Helper II

PPT prompts for manual refresh

I am publishing graphs in PowerPoint from PowerBI Web and every often the ppt just hangs and asks for manual refresh. In otherwords, a refresh pop up appears.

I am not sure why this is happening. It is supposed to be uto refreshing but its' not. 

Any ideas ? 

9 REPLIES 9
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kaka,

Do you export your Power BI report to PowerPoint? I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. Eventhrough the data refrehed in Power BI services, PPT won't prompt me to refresh data. The only information is  last data refresh on the first page.

Please provide us more details information, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Yes, I am using the power bi tiles addin in ppt to add the dashboard tiles to the ppt.  I am then using power update to update the ppt. 

Hi @sieed, that appears to be due to the fact that the authentication token has expired and that is why it is prompting you to log in again.

And this is to be expected to ensure that by logging in your data as well as other peoples data is secure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,  

Isn't there a way to login one time only ? It is really annoying to login every now and then. 

As with all web based logins you have to log in from time to time.

Personally I prefer this because it ensures better security and safety of your data

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ, so, currently I am using free version of Power Bi.  Sometimes together with the authentication failure, I also get an ad for Power BI Pro.  I was thinking may be purchasing the pro  version will resolve this issue. 

The poblem is that I am displaying the ppt on the bg screen for everyone to see. And it's annoying to see the login message pop up from time to time. 

I am not sure why that is happening. I would contact the store developer

Power BI Blog

@v-caliao-msft@GilbertQ

Below is the pop up I am getting: 

refresh.jpeg

I have to click the green box fo rit to continue showing the slides. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @kaka

What are you using in PPT to refresh or load the data from the Power BI Service?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.