Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paladinNC
Frequent Visitor

POWER BI vs JET Reports

Does POWER BI Desktop replace the need for JET Reports or should they both be used together? Are there business uses for JET that POWER BI cannot do or that JET is better at performing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That might be the case today, as JET has built out pre-made data models for various Dynamics systems, but Power BI has the equivalents of those as well, there is a content pack out there for Dynamics NAV. Basically, you enter in the URL of your NAV system and your credentials and in a minute you have pre-built dashboards, reports and a data model.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I would say that Power BI is in many ways a direct competitor with JET reports as well as products like Tableau and Qlik. However, I think that JET tends to cover some additional things and they have an integration with Power BI in some way shape or form. But, I would say that Power BI covers probably 80% of the business uses for JET at least.

Latest book!:

Thanks smoupre.

The company I work for uses JET and I have just received JET training. However the MD wishes to move everything onto Power BI. I have training booked in for this as well at the end of the month.

My fear is that we could be putting all our eggs into one basket and will lose functionality. I have also spoken to others who say it is easier to produce the reports and data models in JET and then export to Power BI. We use Dynamics NAV as our ERP/DB.

Hello, 

I wolud like to refresh the topic. 

I need to pin my table from Jet Reports into Power BI dashboard. Is it possible? 

Excel now has this function, how about Jet? 

That might be the case today, as JET has built out pre-made data models for various Dynamics systems, but Power BI has the equivalents of those as well, there is a content pack out there for Dynamics NAV. Basically, you enter in the URL of your NAV system and your credentials and in a minute you have pre-built dashboards, reports and a data model.

Latest book!:

Thanks smoupre!

I look forward to the training and seeing how it works first hand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors