Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stangellapally
Frequent Visitor

POWER BI Report when Exported to excel doesn't export totals.

Hi,

I am working on Power BI Desktop verison of report. Once the report is developed, I pointed on eclipse and exported the report to Excel. When exported the report, it doesnt export the totals from the report. 

Advance thanks for the response,.

Thanks,

Tango
6 REPLIES 6
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@stangellapally wrote:

Hi,

I am working on Power BI Desktop verison of report. Once the report is developed, I pointed on eclipse and exported the report to Excel. When exported the report, it doesnt export the totals from the report. 

Advance thanks for the response,.

Thanks,

@stangellapally

Do you mean export data from a chart? If so I think it is only allowed to export to csv and the "Total" is not exported.

Hi @Eric_Zhang,

I was exporting the data from table and not the charts. The data does export to CSV but not the totals.

Thanks,

Tango

Will this bug be resolved?

MS - this has been an open issue for a long time.  I still can't find a way to export my reports to excel with the sub and grand totals?

When will this be resolved?

I can see the sub and grand totals in the report's HTML DIV/ so this should be done already...

I don't see this as a bug, but a feature request.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33319528-visual-export-to-excel

If your using the service you can connect to the model from Excel.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-analyze-in-excel

This would allow pivot table totals.

Hi @stretcharm,

Thank you for the information, in that idea status is Anonymous.

At least while exporting Tabular and Matrix report we need the Grand total which is available in the tabular report.

Is that anything update on this issue or we need to create a new idea for this point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.