Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

axberger

PBI desktop and direct connection to SSAS using the http msmdpump.dll and basic authentication

Hello,

I would like to make a direct connection to SSAS from PBI desktop specifying a different user from my domain account.

This works OK if I use my domain account. (default)

However I am not able to find a way to specify another user as in Excel for example where this is working OK.

Using import this is possible but how using direct connection ?

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "excel connect to external data source"

Does anyone has the answer ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@axberger

We’ve got response from the Product Team that this is by design. Other credentials are not supported.

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@axberger

We’ve got response from the Product Team that this is by design. Other credentials are not supported.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hello @v-haibl-msft / @v-qiuyu-msft

Are there plans to have the Basic authentication available for Live Connection in SSAS? If so, is there any estimate for this?

My concern is whether this is going to be considered by MSFT in future release or not. This is crucial for my company to decide if PBI is still a good choice for us, given that current limitation.

Thanks in advance

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @axberger,

Based on my test in desktop, there is no edit credential for SSAS live connection to use alternate credential. I already reported this issue internally, will update to you once I get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.