Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xclusive-shakil
Regular Visitor

PBI Desktop Sign In Issue

Hi,

We use Power BI desktop in our office where we could sign in and it was running smoothly till last update we have considered couple of days ago. After the update, we can't sign in to the desktop application. We enter the subcription email but nothing happens after submission.

I went through the community about the issue and found it might be the issue with firewall, proxy or internet access to the PBI Desktop Application. Nevertheless, I have checked firewall and proxy already. No issues there. I suspect the internet access somehow is broken from the last update.

Can someone please guide me to the solution regarding this sign in issue? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Note: I can sign in from the browser and I'm using it from Beijing, China

TIA,

Shakil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @xclusive-shakil,

I just verified that I can sign in with my account on the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.53.4954.621 64-bit (December 2017)) without any issue.

Have you tried using a different computer or a different Power BI account to see if the issue persists, in order to narrow down this issue?

In addition, as this issue seems to be related to the local network or computer system settings, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrestonMiller
Regular Visitor

My entire team is not able to sign in, it asks for email address and then does nothing once it is entered.  We have a licensing agreement with MS, and a local PBI server- We're not able to try different versions, as we're stuck with the version on our local report server (March 2018).  Can someone help figure out what's going on?  Previous versions didn't have this issue.

I am also facing the same issue. Please share if you found the solution.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @xclusive-shakil,

I just verified that I can sign in with my account on the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.53.4954.621 64-bit (December 2017)) without any issue.

Have you tried using a different computer or a different Power BI account to see if the issue persists, in order to narrow down this issue?

In addition, as this issue seems to be related to the local network or computer system settings, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

I have tried with different computers (both windows 10 and windows 7), but unfortunately still suffering from the issue. Please take a note that we could login easily before the update. I tried to open a support ticket but it says I'm not able to buy the subsription for the Pro Support.

Let me give you more information on that:

Subscription: PowerBI Pro Free Trial

Version: 2.53.4954.621 64-bit 

Tested with: Windows 10 and Windows 7 (64bit)

**Data Gateway: Is not configured

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.