Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Option to select multiple visuals and Move

Is there any way to select multiple visuals on a tab by selecting an area with mouse cursor (like how we can select multiple slide objects by moving our cursor in Power point) ? Also, how can we move multiple selected visuals using Arrow keys ? I believe these would add value and save time in moving the visuals on the tab.

For example, I had to select below 4 visuals, and had to click them one by one (with Ctrl), and then use my mouse precisely to move them to another position. If we had hover to select, and use arrows to move, it would be awesome.

Deskview.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to View Tab and check the Selection Pane option.

Now you are able to select visuals from Selection Panel.
Ctrl+mouse click on one of the visuals than move with mouse .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like the best idea already submitted to begin voting.  Please vote!  This is so basic.  https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17343916-the-ability-to-click-and...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, it would be awesome if there is an option to group Shapes. Just to make it easy to select, move, copy and paste etc. For example, I have added shapes to show it as a legend across the tabs, however, when I need to re-use them, I need to do Ctrl+Click on 6 shapes in this case.Capture.JPG

@Anonymous

No. Currently, it's not supported to select multiple items or group visuals. You can only hold + click to select multiple objects. Please submit a feature request on idea.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.