Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OneDrive credentials stored in PBIX file?

Hi all,

I have an excel report on OneDrive for Business, I used the Web data source and pointed it directly to the Excel file on One Drive in the cloud. I authored the report, uploaded to service, everything works great.

A question - If I send this .pbix file to a colleague, it appears it stores my one drive credentials within it, therfore they can see all of the data in my copy of the Excel report. I'd like to be able to send it and force them to update the data source settings, so they can provide their own URL / One Drive credentails to THEIR version of the report. Assuming we have the same column headings and such, it should re-map the visuals. Any ideas on how to do this? Assuming we have different versions of the same Excel report with different data or security applied within the Excel report itself. 

I know that by creating a content pack, it will store my data source credentails, which means my only option is to use RLS at that point. Was hoping to re-map data source settings as a workaround. All thoughts and input warmly appreciated!

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

I think you are mentioning about Power BI Template, please check this topic: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/es-es/blog/deep-dive-into-query-parameters-and-power-bi-templates/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

I think you are mentioning about Power BI Template, please check this topic: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/es-es/blog/deep-dive-into-query-parameters-and-power-bi-templates/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors