Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Noak
Helper IV
Helper IV

On-Premise Gateway technical question

Hi,

I Need info how to refresh dashbord that its dataset built from 2 different data sources.

Explenation:

My power bi desktop report is getting data from 2 servers xxxxxxx.150 & Server xxxxxxx.172.

I published the report to PBI online->Created dashboard and now I would like to schadual refresh.

I already have gateway installed on xxxxxxx.150 for different dashboard that already uses this gateway,

What should I do in case of 2 servers connection in my new dashboard? 

thank you! 

BR,
Noa.
4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Noak

Gateway is for Power BI Service to get your on-premise machine, you should install on-premise gateway on each server which hosts your data source, so you also need to install On-premise gateway on xxxxxxx.172 machine. 

Regards,

Thank you @v-sihou-msft

I know I need to download gatway to xxx.172, but should I use the same gateway name I use on xxx.150?

Should I create new gatway ?.

How should I manage the gatway cluste?. what Should I do in order to scaduale refresh to my report for both data sources?.

I need a bit help and guidance with understanding how it works.

thank you.

BR,
Noa.

It will be different gateway name and then powerbi service, you will create data source under each gateway. Once it is done, your report will able to reach to your db using each gateway and at that point it will allow you to schedule data refresh.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k @v-sihou-msft thank you for your assist.

I created the gateways.

I wonder where should I locate my PBI desktop report?. (its currently on my pc) should I move it the one of the servers?.

I published the report and at the dataset settings screen I have the following note :You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway.

How can I resolve it that the data set will be recognized?.  

BR,
Noa.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.