Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dc189
Helper II
Helper II

Not able to recreate a male-female infographic fill chart

Hello,

A few months ago, I was able to create a male-female infographic fill chart as below.

Fill chart.JPG

I changed it to this

Fill.JPG

Now I want to go back to the fill chart, but I'm not able to do that despite following the exact steps I had followed earlier. Does Power BI no longer support this fill-type infographic chart? If someone can help me recreate this fill-type chart with his/her steps, that would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

dc189

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dc189,

You can specify the base value of Fill Percentage to be 1 (which represents “100%”). You will get the percentages relative to this base value as you expected. I have attached .pbix file.

q4.PNG

By default, the percentage calculation is based on the max value in the chart.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey...your icons look cool. Can you please share the link of it?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dc189,

The custom visual Infographic Designer 1.5 should meet your requirement. You can review this blog to get detail information: Quickly create infographics with the infographic designer custom visual for Power BI.

Please import this custom visual into Power BI desktop version 2.45.4704.722 . You will find there is a woman or man mark.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for your response. I tried a few things as you suggested, but I'm still NOT able to get the fill chart.

1) Firstly, I updated to Power BI desktop 2.45.4704.722.

2) I downloaded the Infographic Designer 1.5 custom visual.

The best I could get is as below:

Fill.JPG

Now females are 67% of the population. So the female figure should be 2/3rds full with orange color and 1/3rd unfilled (or filled with light grey). I don't understand why the female figure is fully filled with orange.

Here are my infographic FORMAT settings:

-Data: has female and male figures

-Multiple units: OFF

-Fill percentage: % GT Sales of Max Value

-Value tint: ON (orange for female and blue for male)

-Non-value tint: Light grey

-Keep ratio: ON

And here are my infographic LAYOUT settings:

-Bound to inner (0% everywhere)

Could you help me understand where I am going wrong?

Hi @dc189,

You can specify the base value of Fill Percentage to be 1 (which represents “100%”). You will get the percentages relative to this base value as you expected. I have attached .pbix file.

q4.PNG

By default, the percentage calculation is based on the max value in the chart.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi, Is there posibility to set Max value as variable data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm having issues with trying to set the value you've got as 1 there..... Everytime I do it when I then change a filter in the dashboard or change one of the other visual layers it just resets to the default max value!

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong its driving me crazy!

Thanks,

Cambell

It works perfectly, thank you! The solution feels so simple 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.