Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

piyush0308
Frequent Visitor

No of Working Days

I have a requirement where I need to find the working days of a store. The formula to find the working days of a store is:-

If Store is opened on or before first day of respective month then

Working Day = Total Days in a month.

If Showroom is opened in middle of respective month then

Working Day = Last Date Of month - Opening Date Of Showroom.

Please note that For current calendar month we should consider Today()-1 as Last date of month.

Showroom MasterShowroom MasterDate MasterDate MasterRequired Result SetRequired Result Set

I Have tried below calculations but didnt work

=CALCULATE(SUM('Showroom Master'[W]),FILTER(ALL('DateMaster'),DATESBETWEEN('Date Master'[Date],FIRSTDATE('Showroom Master'[OPENINGDATE]),LASTDATE('Date Master'[Date]))),USERELATIONSHIP('Showroom Master'[OPENINGDATE],'Date Master'[Date]))

Another One

=CALCULATE(SUM('Showroom Master'[W]),USERELATIONSHIP('ShowroomMaster'[OPENINGDATE],'Date Master'[Date]),
DATESBETWEEN('Date Master'[Date],FIRSTDATE('Showroom Master'[OPENINGDATE]),LASTDATE('Date Master'[Date])))

Calculation for [W]

=(TODAY()-1)-'Showroom Master'[OPENINGDATE]

Since both Showroom and Date are master tables I cannot have directly relationship between the two.

So anybody have a solution of it

Regards,

Piyush

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bitwize_PowerBI
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi,

you don't need a relationship between your showroom and your date table to do what you want (and by the way, you can only use the USERELATIONSHIP function if you have at least an inactive relationship)

I have recreated your scenario in a Power BI solution where I already have a date table, and i simply added your showroom table.  I then created 3 measures and tested: it works.

i don't know your knowledge level of DAX and the 'filter context' concept, but i'll explain what happens:

if you create a pivottable or matrix with showroom and month then the Power BI engine will filter down the showroom table to one showroom only and will filter down the date table to all the dates in the choosen month.

knowing that, all you have to do is create a 'first date' measure, a 'last date' measure and an 'numberofdays' measure that calculates 'last date' minus 'first date'

my date table is called 'Datum - Document' and [Dag] is the calendar date

the first date = 
if
(
	hasonevalue(showroom[showroom]);
	if
	(
		values('showroom'[openingdate])>lastdate('Datum - Document'[Dag]);
		blank();
		if
		(
			month(values('showroom'[openingdate]))=month(lastdate('Datum - Document'[Dag]));
			values('showroom'[openingdate]);
			firstdate('Datum - Document'[Dag])
		)
	);
	blank()
)

the last date = 
if
(
	firstdate('Datum - Document'[Dag])>today();
	blank();
	if
	(
		month(today())=month(lastdate('Datum - Document'[Dag]));
		today();
		lastdate('Datum - Document'[Dag])
	)
)

numberofdays = 
if
(
	isblank([the first date])||isblank([the last date]);
	blank();
	(([the last date] - [the first date]) + 1) * 1
)

the result you want:

Knipsel.PNG

hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bitwize_PowerBI
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi,

you don't need a relationship between your showroom and your date table to do what you want (and by the way, you can only use the USERELATIONSHIP function if you have at least an inactive relationship)

I have recreated your scenario in a Power BI solution where I already have a date table, and i simply added your showroom table.  I then created 3 measures and tested: it works.

i don't know your knowledge level of DAX and the 'filter context' concept, but i'll explain what happens:

if you create a pivottable or matrix with showroom and month then the Power BI engine will filter down the showroom table to one showroom only and will filter down the date table to all the dates in the choosen month.

knowing that, all you have to do is create a 'first date' measure, a 'last date' measure and an 'numberofdays' measure that calculates 'last date' minus 'first date'

my date table is called 'Datum - Document' and [Dag] is the calendar date

the first date = 
if
(
	hasonevalue(showroom[showroom]);
	if
	(
		values('showroom'[openingdate])>lastdate('Datum - Document'[Dag]);
		blank();
		if
		(
			month(values('showroom'[openingdate]))=month(lastdate('Datum - Document'[Dag]));
			values('showroom'[openingdate]);
			firstdate('Datum - Document'[Dag])
		)
	);
	blank()
)

the last date = 
if
(
	firstdate('Datum - Document'[Dag])>today();
	blank();
	if
	(
		month(today())=month(lastdate('Datum - Document'[Dag]));
		today();
		lastdate('Datum - Document'[Dag])
	)
)

numberofdays = 
if
(
	isblank([the first date])||isblank([the last date]);
	blank();
	(([the last date] - [the first date]) + 1) * 1
)

the result you want:

Knipsel.PNG

hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@piyush0308

what about the below

Working Days = IF
( // Check for the current Month and year if the open date falls on the same month
MONTH(Store[OpenDate]) = MONTH(TODAY())&& YEAR(Store[OpenDate]) = YEAR(TODAY())
, DATEDIFF(Store[OpenDate],EOMONTH(Store[OpenDate],0),DAY)-1 // Minua 1 Day
,DATEDIFF(Store[OpenDate],EOMONTH(Store[OpenDate],0),DAY) //for rest of months
)

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.