Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Niels_NL
Helper I
Helper I

No OLE DB Error Information found

Hello everyone,

I've encountered the following problem. Whenever I try to add a visualation (no matter which one, they all give the error), I get the error that the data for this visual element cannot be loaded.

Error Message:

No OLE DB Error Information found.

My version: 2.33.4337.281 (PBIDesktop)

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks,

Niels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Niels_NL If you're using Import then have you checked query editor to make sure data is imported into PowerBI. If you're using DirectQuery ensure there is data in your data source. Can you also tell what data source are you trying to connect to ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sowjanya1
Frequent Visitor

I have deleted the PBIX file from Power BI report server and restarted the service by deleting encrypted keys and uploaded the file again ,change the data source settings from manage option.

Now its working fine.

Thank you

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Niels_NL, did you resolve this issue? If not, please help to provide futher information. And besides ankitpatira's idea, you can also consider re-getting data. Go to File -> Options and Settings -> Data source settings, click that data source and click delete. Then readd it via the Get Data function.

@Vicky_Song Sorry for not replying, but yes, my problem has been solved. @ankitpatira 's reply answered my question and doubts and by simply restarting PowerBI application and then import the data (in my case, from some Excel files) again (after deleting the earlier imports of course), it got solved and I didn't receive an error anymore.

Thanks!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Niels_NL If you're using Import then have you checked query editor to make sure data is imported into PowerBI. If you're using DirectQuery ensure there is data in your data source. Can you also tell what data source are you trying to connect to ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.