Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

RGI
Helper III
Helper III

New Measure prevents Slicer from working

I have a measure as follows:

Average Time to Empty Bin = TIME(INT(AVERAGE(Wave[Average Seconds to Empty Bin])/3600),INT(MOD(AVERAGE(Wave[Average Seconds to Empty Bin]),3600)/60),0)

It displays the data correctly.

However, my page has a number of slicers all of which are ignored if I include the measure in a table. If I remove the measure from the table the slicers work as expected. How can I get this column to work with the slicers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RGI,

Please try the formula below. The reason is that the measure always has a value.

Average Time Empty Bin =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Wave[Average Seconds to Empty Bin] ),
    TIME ( INT ( AVERAGE ( Wave[Average Seconds to Empty Bin] ) / 3600 ), INT ( MOD ( AVERAGE ( Wave[Average Seconds to Empty Bin] ), 3600 ) / 60 ), 0 ),
    BLANK ()
)

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RGI,

Can you share the file or a dummy sample? Just see from the formula, the slicers should work fine. So what's the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here is a link to a sample pbix.

What I have found is that when I use the date column in the "wave" table instead of the "calendar" dimension table all is well.

However, I need to use the calendar table because I'm including several other tables on the report and they all link to the common calendar table.

On the sample report you'll see two similar tables. One has the calculated column and the other not. It should be pretty evident.

Hi @RGI,

Please try the formula below. The reason is that the measure always has a value.

Average Time Empty Bin =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Wave[Average Seconds to Empty Bin] ),
    TIME ( INT ( AVERAGE ( Wave[Average Seconds to Empty Bin] ) / 3600 ), INT ( MOD ( AVERAGE ( Wave[Average Seconds to Empty Bin] ), 3600 ) / 60 ), 0 ),
    BLANK ()
)

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.