Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sunkari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Need helptext(?) for each power bi visualization

Hi All,

We have planning to show help text for each visualization of the dashboard. We are planning to show "?" symbol above visualization and when user hover on it a pop-up should appear and should show helptext.

Please let me know you have any thoughts on this implementation.

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Sunkari

If you want to show help text related to the data in visual, you can only put description field in tooltip as @tjd suggested. If you want to pop up some information related to visual itself, this feature is not supported currently. You may submit a feature request on idea.

Regards,

@tjd: Thanks for a workaround.  A small issue is a tooltip showing both description and measure value. But I need show the only description which details out about the chart.

Please let me know if anybody has other workarounds. 

You may try the Dynamic Tooltip by MAQ Software from Power BI visuals store.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You might have problems with this as none of the text, image, or shape inserts provide for tooltips.  I use the donut chart to do this with a small colored circle.  As I hover over the donut, the tooltip I need appears from an internal table that I created called "Tooltips".  Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.