Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michaelJack
Frequent Visitor

Need help in generate report template by groupping measurements ( incl image)

Hi all,

I have a lot of measurement like Revenue_Actual, Revenue_LM, Revenue_Target, %Revenue,Qty_Actual, Qty_LM,Qty_Target

so it sems like to not easy to see if i put all of them under a month as table report. Could anyone has solution to help me design a report template as below, it looks easier to see.

mockup.png

Thanks in advanced,

J.

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@michaelJack,

I am not sure how your table looks like, but you can try to create table as follows based on your existing data, then create a Matrix visual to show the data.

1.JPG2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,
It seems like to good for workaround purpose as well, so could you help to give sample code for reference to crate the table as your image? because my lowest level based on the date for each product and store. 

Thanks,
J.

@michaelJack,

Please share sample data of your original table and share the DAX you use to create the above measures. Do mask sensitive data before uploading sample data.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft because i cannot attact the file, so i give you the link to get file from dropbox alternatively. Please help to take a look as well,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4y18ad8hhu9d6m/test.pbix?dl=0

Thanks,
J.

@michaelJack,

The easiest way is to create a table visual containing all the data you need, export the table visual to CSV named testvisual, then change column names in the testvisual.csv, I save as another csv file(testv.csv) after changing column names.

After that, import the testv.csv file to Power BI Desktop, unpivot columns, split columns in Query Editor, then create Matrix. For more details, please review the uploaded PBIX file below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1NogwjSqm5w3tA6dR48

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft thank for your help, but i think this way is really take time and require a lot of effort to do. Could you have any way to do inside power bi only, i wish it can be processed automatically.

Thanks,

J.

@michaelJack,

It is not easy to create such new table in Power BI Desktop based on your existing table, you would need to manually change table structure in order to get expected result.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.