Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheKiltedGolfer
Helper III
Helper III

My Slicer Visual has changed. Why?

I created a new report yesterday on Power BI Desktop.  I picked the slicer, which is using a date, and noticed the visual has changed.  No longer it the slicer a horizontal line with a vertical line on each end. Now it is a horizontal line with with a circle on each end.  How/Why has this changed?  I updated Power BI Desktop AFTER this and I still have this issue. I have attached pictures of each slider.  Any suggestions on what happened and how to make my reports consistent with the same style of date slicer?

Slicer I do NOT wantSlicer I do NOT wantSlicer I do WANTSlicer I do WANT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @TheKiltedGolfer,

Yes. The issue is related to the version of Power BI Desktop.

For the newer versions the slicer is a horizontal line with a circle on each end. And your wanted slicer is in the older versions. Please refer:

This is in Version: 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August 2017):

11.PNG

And this is in Version: 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (March 2018)

22.PNG

Since you have updated Power BI Desktop. There's no way to downgrade the version.  The only way you can do is to find out the older version installs you downloaded and reinstall the previous version if you have saved these older installs. However, I don't think it is necessary to do this.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @TheKiltedGolfer,

Yes. The issue is related to the version of Power BI Desktop.

For the newer versions the slicer is a horizontal line with a circle on each end. And your wanted slicer is in the older versions. Please refer:

This is in Version: 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August 2017):

11.PNG

And this is in Version: 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (March 2018)

22.PNG

Since you have updated Power BI Desktop. There's no way to downgrade the version.  The only way you can do is to find out the older version installs you downloaded and reinstall the previous version if you have saved these older installs. However, I don't think it is necessary to do this.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Thank you Xi Jin.  So my next question how do I convert all my reports to the newest style of slicer?  It would be nice to have this so all my reports look consistent.  Any suggestions?  I have tried recreating the slicer for those reports but remains in the older version.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.