Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

golfgirl1111

Measure for LY Sales for Range of Dates

HI there,

I have a measure to calculate the sales for a range of dates taken from a slicer:

Sales for Date Range = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[NetTotal]), FILTER(Sales, AND(Sales[CheckDate].[Date] <= MAX('Calendar'[Date]), Sales[CheckDate].[Date] >= MIN('Calendar'[Date])) ))

What I am trying to figure out is how to create a measure for the same period LY.  My work has the need to pull reports for all different kinds of date ranges and compare them to the same period last year, so my "Today", "MTD", "YTD", "LY  MTD", "LY YTD" measures are not quite cutting it, and I'm having difficulty with phrasing the MIN/MAX dates to go back a year.

Any suggestions most appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @golfgirl1111,

You can try to use below formula to achieve your requirement if it suitable for your requirement:

MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact'[Amount]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Fact'),[Date]<=MAX('Fact'[Date])),VALUES('Calendar'[Date].[MonthNo]),VALUES('Calendar'[Date].[Year]))

YTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact'[Amount]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Fact'),[Date]<=MAX('Fact'[Date])),VALUES('Calendar'[Date].[Year]))

LY MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact'[Amount]), DATEADD(DATESMTD(Calendar[Date]),-1,YEAR))

LY YTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact'[Amount]), DATEADD(DATESYTD(Calendar[Date]),-1,YEAR))

Regards,

Xiaoxin sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @golfgirl1111,

You can try to use below formula to achieve your requirement if it suitable for your requirement:

MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact'[Amount]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Fact'),[Date]<=MAX('Fact'[Date])),VALUES('Calendar'[Date].[MonthNo]),VALUES('Calendar'[Date].[Year]))

YTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact'[Amount]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Fact'),[Date]<=MAX('Fact'[Date])),VALUES('Calendar'[Date].[Year]))

LY MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact'[Amount]), DATEADD(DATESMTD(Calendar[Date]),-1,YEAR))

LY YTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Fact'[Amount]), DATEADD(DATESYTD(Calendar[Date]),-1,YEAR))

Regards,

Xiaoxin sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @golfgirl1111

Can you please some sample data and the output you expect.  If you have the pbix and share it on one-drive with the link , it will help find the right solution.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.