Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix column value sorting ( aging bucket). Please help

Hi Power Bi Gurus, 

I have an aging bucket field with values (0-7 Days, 8-15 Days, 16-30 Days....up to 120+ Days),  and I use a matrix table display the amount by managers by each bucket, but currently, the bucket values columns are not in the order I expect.   Please see below.  

I ready couple disussion notes from the forum,  and I create a "bucket sort" field in my orginal data file with value (1-7),  and in the "Data" view,  I choose "Bucket sort" column, and click on  "Sort by column",   nothing happend, it still show the first row with value starting as "3"....Am I following  the wrong direction?  Please advise how to sort the column values ... 

Also, I have a similar problem with this aging bucket field using as a color legend, it also won't show in the expected order.

Any help is very much appreiciated! thank you!!.

Best,

Flora

Bucket.JPGbucket sort.JPGcolor.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous,

You'll want to select the column you'd like to sort (your aging buckets), and then the column to sort it by (Bucket Sort) in Sort by Column.

In your original case, you were trying to sort Bucket Sort by itself, which wouldn't do anything.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous,

You'll want to select the column you'd like to sort (your aging buckets), and then the column to sort it by (Bucket Sort) in Sort by Column.

In your original case, you were trying to sort Bucket Sort by itself, which wouldn't do anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RMDNA OMG! This just works!    Thank you!! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.