Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Table Display Issue

I am having trouble making a Matrix table display the way I would like.  Below is an example of my issue.  On the left is an image of how the Matrix table is displaying the results.  Note that the KAM group in broken into two sections based on the team.  I would like the results to display like the right example which National and Exc. National fall under the same KAM group.  This would allow for a total line for all of KAM versus two different KAM totals.  Below this image is a screen shot of the data table that I am using to set this up.  Is there a better table structure that would allow the right image version to work?

BI Example.pngBI Table.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I think the issue may related to records, please double check if these column contains whitespace.

You can use replacevalue function to remove whitespace in power query:

Remove=Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type"," ","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"ColumnName"})

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

If you use the Matrix and put in the Group, Team and Demand Group under the Rows it will group as you want it to in your image on the right hand side.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alas they are all under rows...any other possibilities?

Rows.jpg

Hi @Anonymous,

In your image there is a Team Order # Is this the same for all of the values below? If there sre different Team Order # for each KAM you won't get the display as you want bit one KAM per row instead of a.group for KAM and then two rows.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.