Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FilippoV
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix Problem and Limitation

Hi community,

i've several problem with matrix visual:

- The first problem is that when there are multiple columns in the matrix the hierarchy is not visible. I use a label to show the column order.

- The second problem is that i can't drag and drop columns in matrix, like a Pivot table.

- The third problem is in the export to excel/csv, all matrix columns are exported and not only column shown.

Anyone has these problem?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FilippoV,

There are a few known limitations for the current release of the Matrix visual.

• Drill on columns can only be done by using the right-click menu, and there's currently no indication on the visual that you can drill into row or column groups
  • You can only expand all items in a level at once, rather than expanding one category at a time

For the second problem, it should also be a limitation which is not listed. So, to improve Power BI Matrix visual on all these features, I would suggest you add them as ideas on Power BI Ideas forum. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FilippoV,

There are a few known limitations for the current release of the Matrix visual.

• Drill on columns can only be done by using the right-click menu, and there's currently no indication on the visual that you can drill into row or column groups
  • You can only expand all items in a level at once, rather than expanding one category at a time

For the second problem, it should also be a limitation which is not listed. So, to improve Power BI Matrix visual on all these features, I would suggest you add them as ideas on Power BI Ideas forum. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.