Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AmandaSoborg
Helper I
Helper I

Maps and table filter

Hej Everyone.

I have a dataset that involves three main regions; Europe, Asia, America and Global.

I want to have a map with three regions on it; Europe, Asia and America. Under the map, i want to have a tabel with all of my data. Is it possible to have the table transfrom, so when no region is selected from the map, it will only show the category 'Global' in the table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AmandaSoborg,

In that case I don't think it is possible since we can't set a default value for a slicer for example. It is currently not possible to show a certain slicer value by default. You can vote the idea if you click on the link below and add your comments there to improve this feature.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7162004-default-selected-slicer-o...

Regards,

L.Meijdam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AmandaSoborg,

Is there a specific value that is named "Global"? Or do you mean that when Europa, Asia and America are all selected that those together form "Global"?

Since by default I think everything is selected so Europa, Asia and America are all selected --> so it would be global by default. This works different if there is a seperate value named Global in that case Europa, Asia, America and Global would be selected by default.

Regards,

L.Meijdam

There is a value named Global. And when nothing is selcted on the map, i only want the Global Category to be shown in the tabel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AmandaSoborg,

In that case I don't think it is possible since we can't set a default value for a slicer for example. It is currently not possible to show a certain slicer value by default. You can vote the idea if you click on the link below and add your comments there to improve this feature.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7162004-default-selected-slicer-o...

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.