Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Mapping to two dates in record to same calendar table

Hi,

For each record in a table I have 2 dates (an order date and a delivery date). Please can you tell me how best to link these two fields to a calendar table without causing an ambiguity error? (I use a calendar table to map dates to fiscal periods)

Thanks,

CM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You just need to pick one as the active relationship (probably would make sense to use the order date), and then have the second date related via an inactive relationship. When you're doing any sort of calculation on your delivery date you'd just need to be sure to use USERELATIONSHIP so that the correct connection is used

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You just need to pick one as the active relationship (probably would make sense to use the order date), and then have the second date related via an inactive relationship. When you're doing any sort of calculation on your delivery date you'd just need to be sure to use USERELATIONSHIP so that the correct connection is used

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.