Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

milbird
Regular Visitor

Map Visualization Not Working

Dear Power BI,

After the update the following location solution as provided in this post does not work anymore:  If we just use the postalcode we get locations in Australia insteed of The Netherlands. 

The solution of with the country worked untill the last update of Power BI.

Re: Problem with map and postal code

[ Edited ]

Just a quick update: adding the country name in front of the post code with a custom column fixed the problem for us: [Country + Post code]="Australia "&[PostalCode] that of course assumes that all customers are in Australia which is the case in that instance. Interestingly following on with the post above: the same approach with "AU" did not work.

Kind regards,

Raymond Peters

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@milbird

Please try to set category for the country and postalcode column, and then create map visual as following video to see if your issue can be resolved.

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
milbird
Regular Visitor

Great missed that option. Thank you very much for the solution and clear video!!!

The map visualization on my published report stopped working on powerbi.com last Friday. It shows the global map instead. When I checked the desktop version, however, it still worked fine. I republished the report, which didn't fix it. 

Anyone having the same issue? Any thought on how to fix it? I have also tried the method in this thread, but it didn't work. Thanks in advance!

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@milbird

Please try to set category for the country and postalcode column, and then create map visual as following video to see if your issue can be resolved.

Best Regards,
Herbert

milbird
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the response,

I have here a link to the pbix file containing only the locations: https://hetservicecentrum-my.sharepoint.com/personal/rpeters_hetservicecentrum_onmicrosoft_com/_layo...

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@milbird

Could you please provide some sample data to repro your issue? Or you can share your PBIX file through online file service like OneDrive.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.